Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oops...delinquent blogging

Having started a blog, I now realize that I need to keep it up to date! I only ever bother to check in with blogs that are updated frequently, so I guess if I want people to check ours, I better keep writing.

This last weekend marked the beginning of fall weather here, I fear, and with it came colds! Dave has one that started just in time for his first big exam and several homework assignments. Everything is harder when all you want to do is sleep! I'm still fending it off, but I'm not optimistic about the long-term outcome. It seems like the students always bring a whole new crop of germs with them, and we are usually a bit sick for the first couple of weeks of school.

In other news, our good friend Ted (one of Dave's groomsmen) needed to have open heart surgery last Wednesday. He has a congenital heart defect, so this was not a complete surprise, but he was not expected these most recent complications. Fortunately, he is doing well post-op and headed home from the hospital.

Otherwise, things are running smoothly here. We are enjoying a new pasta recipe that involves fantastic fake chicken (Quorn brand...better than the real thing!) and looking forward to stuffing some hot peppers that a co-worker grew in her garden (she brought some last week, and they were delicious!). We're running a few times a week (up to 9 miles for me this Friday if all goes well) and trying to stay as healthy as possible during the beginning of cold and flu season :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just thought you'd like a comment left on your humble blog! great to see you this past weekend.