Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To start a blog...

I was initially quite opposed to the whole on-line journaling thing. It seems strange to have information about your life out in cyberspace for anyone to see. But after spending time this summer catching up with far-flung family members all over the globe, I realized that we need some way to keep everyone involved in our life, and unfortunately, at least for now, we don't have the time to write letters and personalized e-mails to everyone important on a regular basis. So, this is my solution. Please feel free to follow this blog as often or as rarely as you want, and I'll try to keep things as updated as possible so that you all know what Dave and I are up to.

Which, of course, begs the question: What are Dave and I up to? Well, we started school last week and are now quite busy with that. Dave has found out that he can double-major in computer science and math and is excited about pursuing that option. He will graduate in May. And I have a whole new group of freshmen chemistry students to work with. They seem pretty confident this year, but you can never tell how things will be until a couple of weeks into the semester. Also, I am in the midst of applying for law school. I sent in my first application yesterday, and I take the LSAT on October 4th. So keep your fingers crossed! Next year will mark the start of a whole new adventure for us, but for now, we don't have any idea what it will be!

No comments: